I am a Washington State Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) and have completed my degree in Clinical Psychology (PhD) at Seattle Pacific University. I am also a Washington State Licensed Nutritionist (LN) and an American Dietetics Association Registered Dietitian (RD). I integrate a number of theoretical conceptualizations and applications in my work as a pscyhotherapist. These vary depending on the individual patient and diagnosis, their methods of learning and their readiness for change. Cognitive, cognitive behavioral, psychodynamic and existential therapies are most commonly used. Other forms of psychotherapy also may be integrated into an individual's treatment. I specialize in individual, couples and family therapy.
I have a general practice, however, have a special interest in working with people with the issues listed below:
- People who have chronically dieted without being able to maintain weight loss
- People who want therapy for depression or anxiety
- Men who would like to work on relationship issues, stress management, anger management, or weight/body image issues
- People interested in dream analysis
- People with eating disorders - anorexia nervosa, bulimia, binge eating disorder, and muscle dysmorphia
I have been in private practice for over 20 years, working as a member of a multi-disciplinary outpatient treatment team that includes a physician, psychologist, and nutritionist. In addition to my private practice, I present talks and workshops on eating disorders and dream analysis.
I am a member of the Academy of Eating Disorders, American Dietetics Association, National Eating Disorder Association, and the International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals.