I have a general practice, however, have a special interest in working with people with the issues listed below:
- People who want help managing depression or anxiety
- Men of all ages who would like to work on relationship issues, stress management, anger management, or weight/body image issues
- Adolescent or adult men going through challenging life transitions.
- Couples who are facing challenging relational issues.
- People with eating disorders - anorexia nervosa, bulimia, binge eating disorder, or muscle dysmorphia
I integrate a number of theoretical conceptualizations and applications in my work as a pscyhotherapist. These vary depending on the individual patient and diagnosis, their methods of learning and their readiness for change. Cognitive, cognitive behavioral, psychodynamic and existential therapies are most commonly used. Other forms of psychotherapy also may be integrated into an individual's treatment. I specialize in individual, couples and family therapy.
In addition to my private practice, I enjoy giving talks and presenting workshops.
If you would like to know a little about my training, I am a Washington State Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) and have completed my degree in Clinical Psychology (PhD) at Seattle Pacific University. I am also a Washington State Licensed Nutritionist (LN) and an American Dietetics Association Registered Dietitian (RD).The professional organizations to which I belong include: the Academy of Eating Disorders, American Dietetics Association, National Eating Disorder Association, and the International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals.